Thursday, May 16, 2013

#136 of 365 for May 16, 2013

Well I hope you all are not bored with my redwing blackbird pictures.  I went back today and this guy was so aggressive!  He dive bombed me repeatedly, coming inches from my head.  Finally I started swinging my arm when he came close to make him back off.  Of course I was delighted that he wanted to sit so near so he could keep an eye on me, but it did make it a little hard to shoot the other birds because I never knew when he was going to come buzzing at my head.....  hmmm wonder how bad it would hurt if he actually hit me???


Not sure what had him so stirred up.  I don't think they have babies yet. I thought one nest had babies the other day but it turned out to be a different bigger bird and not redwing black birds.  This little female was gathering bugs but in a few minutes she returned to her nest to sit.

1 comment:

  1. I love these birds! And their nests are so fantastic! We get some down by our creek, but it is too early here for babies yet.

    ReplyDelete