Tuesday, May 14, 2013

#133 of 365

I had a meeting at 6:00 pm so I had to go early to look for the red wing blackbirds. The light was still too bright and direct but I did get one image I liked. One of the female birds has babies already. I can hear them chirping but most of them seem to be nesting still. Strangely today the males were not as active as usual. When I crossed a little foodtbridge, I could see a nest from the bridge... rather close, probably about 4 feet away. That is the closest nest I could find. They are usually 8 or 10 feet out in the water. I could only see one egg in it though. I knew there were no babies in that nest yet or the males would have been dive bombing me for getting too close.

2 comments:

  1. Another really lovely shot. Great detail and wonderful point of view with the light caught in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot, I love all the detail you can see in the feathers.

    ReplyDelete