Saturday, May 26, 2012

#145 of 365 for May 25, 2012

Summer Fun 

I enjoyed watching this little guy learn to skip rocks.  He arrived at the park on the back of his brother's bike, standing on  pegs on the back wheel... not sure what they are called :)  He was so excited as he would watch his brother explain how to skip a rock then he would attempt, squealing with delight after each stone he threw, and calling out "brother, look" after each attempt.  I thought he made a great opportunity for a sunset silhouette shot.  You can see the stone in his hand.  He hasn't quiet grasped the technique of skipping stones yet, but he was so full of joy and excitement as he and his brother and sister enjoyed time at the park just being kids.  I was amazed at the patience and carefulness of the older brother to watch over the younger two, and he seemed to be having just as much fun as the little ones.

I thought I would add that the water is shallow at this little docking area in the picture... less than 2 feet. I noticed looking at the picture it looked like it was deep water.

No comments:

Post a Comment